10 Jun What is Growth through Workstyle Innovation?
How we work is changing. The evolving demographic profile of the workforce, the ever-increasing expectations we have from our places of work as well as new technologies and tools available to us are reshaping how we collaborate, share information and ultimately do our jobs.
How well we adapt to the long-term implications of these trends is likely to play a crucial role in the future success of our organisations.
The goal of senior management should be to understand the short and long-term implications of the issues that are at the heart of the digital transformation of the world of work.
We at Ricoh believe that an effective digital strategy should include three fundamental goals:
- Empower your people – transform the workplace into a digitally-optimised environment that supports collaboration and knowledge-sharing to enhance productivity and innovation.
- Optimise your business processes – identify opportunities to introduce more efficient and effective ways to manage your organisation’s information, embedding information security and sustainability into your operations.
- Optimise the value of your technology and IT infrastructure – deliver a strategy to support the needs of the workforce and the organisation.
We call this three-tier approach Growth through Workstyle Innovation. It defines our view on the current and emerging opportunities and challenges for organisations looking to develop the way in which they support and engage their workforce.
Growth through Workstyle Innovation also sets out the case for investing in the tools, digital services and the technology infrastructure needed to empower the workforce to collaborate and share information, and thereby enhance their productivity and engagement.
Watch this video to see why workstyle innovation should form an integral part of your organisation’s strategic planning for enhancing growth and productivity.
Here are four essential insights into why your organisation needs to make workstyle innovation a strategic priority:
- Making sense of flexible working – why your organisation needs to reassess its approach
- Generation Z is joining the workforce – is your organisation ready?
- How would your organisation rate its readiness for a digital future?
- What does the future of work look like?